Find out if dental veneers may be the right choice for improving your smile.
Perhaps you’ve heard dental veneers can makeover your smile without needing extensive dental preparations or invasive procedures. Well, you would be right! Find out what to expect when you turn to your Bay City, MI cosmetic dentist, Dr. Gregory Rosecrans, for veneers.
What exactly are dental veneers?
Sometimes referred to as porcelain or composite veneers, these thin custom-made shells are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to alter their shape, color or size. You can opt for a single veneer or a full set, depending on the look you are going for.
What issues can veneers address?
When your Bay City dentist places your veneers, you will get an instantly more attractive and even smile. Since this treatment affects teeth in the “aesthetic zone” (teeth that are visible when you smile) people will only see a brighter, straighter and more ideally shaped smile. Some of the problems that veneers can improve include:
- Gaps between teeth
- Chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Crooked or malformed teeth
- Teeth with severe stains
Veneers can improve the outward appearance of your teeth but cannot do things like realign your jaw or correct malocclusions. However, veneers can help change the look of your smile for the better.
What are the benefits of this cosmetic treatment?
There are many advantages to choosing dental veneers:
- They are durable. Porcelain veneers may look thin, but they are a great way to provide additional strength to your teeth. They can last several years before needing to be replaced.
- They are lifelike. Porcelain mimics the look and color of a real tooth. In fact, the porcelain even reflects light similarly to natural teeth, so you’ll get veneers that are a natural as possible.
- Porcelain is also resistant to stains caused by dark foods and drinks, and cigarette smoking. Of course, it’s never a bad idea to limit stain-producing foods and beverages or to brush your teeth right after, but you shouldn’t have to worry about dealing with nasty stains with your new teeth.
- This treatment is more conservative in how it improves your smile. Unlike dental crowns that require more tooth preparation, dental veneers only require a minimal amount of tooth structure to be removed prior to placing the veneers.
Veneers have been giving patients around the Bay City, MI area a new lease on life and could do the same for you. To find out if you’re a good candidate for treatment, it’s time to book a consultation with Gentle Family Dentistry today.