Posts for category: Dental Procedure
Find out more about this procedure so you know exactly what to expect.
When it comes to dental procedures people worry about them so much that they forget to actually find out more about what they entail. Learning more about getting a root canal from your Bay City dentist Dr. Gregory A. Rosecrans will help make the process a lot easier.
Antibiotics Aren’t an Alternative
If your dentist in Bay City, MI has discovered that you are dealing with a bacterial infection you may wonder why we haven’t just written a prescription for antibiotics, but antibiotics only work by going through the blood to reach the infected area. But because the bacteria that caused this dental infection is in the root canals of the tooth antibiotics just won’t be able to reach and treat this problem. Only a root canal can properly treat the infected dental pulp and preserve the rest of your tooth.
Root Canals Shouldn’t be Painful
Despite everything you may have heard about root canals, there is one thing that we want to get straight: root canals shouldn’t hurt. Of course, many patients needing a root canal in Bay City are already coming into our office experiencing dental pain, but the purpose of root canal therapy is to go inside the tooth and remove the infected pulp to provide the relief you need. The whole process is no more invasive than getting a tooth filled.
You May Experience some Discomfort Afterwards
Even though you shouldn’t experience pain during your procedure it is fairly common for patients to feel some discomfort or soreness after local anesthesia has worn off. Talk to your restorative dentist in Bay City about whether over-the-counter or prescription medications could help alleviate your symptoms.
You Still Need to Practice Good Oral Hygiene
Even though we’ve placed a dental crown over your tooth and it feels strong and good as new again you will still want to make sure that you continue to brush and floss regularly and visit us for routine exams to ensure that your smile remains healthy and free of further infections. Dental crowns don’t last forever and it’s important to know when your dental crown is damaged or needs to be replaced. Only we can determine whether you will need repairs.
Do you have questions about your root canal? Are you experiencing any dental pain or issues? If so, turn to your Bay City, MI general dentist for all your dental concerns or needs.
When you've got a mouth full of discolored or stained teeth, it's hard to have confidence in your day-to-day interactions. After all, a key ingredient to a winning smile is beautiful pearly whites - but what if you're one of the millions of Americans today who suffers from poorly-colored teeth? Professionally applied teeth whitening treatment may be the solution for you. Feel free to give Gentle Family Dentistry a call at (989) 892-7832 for more information on professional tooth whitening servics.
At Gentle Family Dentistry, you can find all the aid you need for achieving that crystal-clear smile, as helpful family dentists on site relish the opportunity to improve your oral appearance. Led by the trusted hands of Gregory A. Rosecrans, DDS, PC, your teeth whitening journey will start and end right here at our Bay City, MI, office, supplying you with a beautiful smile that you'll keep telling others about years down the road!
The teeth whitening therapy offered on-site has been shown to whiten teeth a remarkable three to eight shades in just one hour, while also providing increased protection for your sensitive tooth areas. While the dental decision is up to you in regards to where you want your teeth whitened, you can also rest assured that the professional teeth whitening options offered at Gentle Family Dentistry can be taken home, too.
Gentle Family Dentistry offers premier teeth whitening solutions for your mouth below:
- In-Office Whitening — Serves as the quickest, safest method for obtaining noticeable results in the whiteness of your smile.
- Take-Home Whitening — While it may take a few weeks to achieve the perfect smile that you're seeking, convenience is key here-- never before have dental patients had so much say in the beauty of their own smile!
Whichever option you're more comfortable with, get ready for your dental profile to clear up considerably so that you can have confidence again in each grin you're in! For more information on the expert teeth whitening services provided to your mouth by Dr. Rosecrans and his trusted dental technicians in Bay City, MI, call (989) 892-7832 today and begin your journey towards the beautiful white teeth you've been searching for.
Different Ways to Whiten Teeth
- Whitening toothpastes: A low-grade whitening product that slightly removes surface stains. Using whitening toothpaste on a daily basis can help fight dental stains caused by coffee and other staining agents.
- Whitening strips: You directly apply these invisible strips onto the teeth. Treatment typically lasts for two weeks.
- Whitening gels: Similar in effectiveness to strips, a gel-based whitening is applied with brush for at least 14 days.
- Whitening rinses: There are a variety of mouthwashes that cater to different issues, one being dental staining. Whitening rinses are mild, so they won’t produce visible results like you may want.
- Whitening trays: Using trays filled with gel whitening solution is one of the most effective ways to whiten teeth.
- In-office whitening: Whitening the teeth at a dentist office promises the fastest results. They use whitening products coupled with different techniques, such as heat, light and laser. You need to ask your dentist which in-office whitening treatment he/she offers.
What is Root Canal Therapy?
- Efficient chewing of food
- No change in bite force
- No damage to neighboring teeth
- Tooth still looks natural